Do you think you might suffer from Narcolepsy?
- Do you have difficulty staying awake after a full night's sleep?
- Do you feel the irresistible need to sleep when it is not possible?
- Do you have episodes of sudden weakness on both sides of your body when you are emotional (happy, sad, angry, stressed)?
- Do you feel paralyzed when you are falling asleep or waking up?
- Do you have vivid frightening dreams or hallucinations when you are falling asleep or waking up?
All of these symptoms are common in people who suffer from narcolepsy.
We can help.
Narcolepsy is a disorder characterized by excessive daytime sleepiness. People who suffer from daytime fatigue should be screened for narcolepsy by a physician with special training in sleep medicine. Narcolepsy is a serious neurological disorder characterized by abnormal control of REM (dream) sleep.
Narcolepsy has devastating consequences to your quality of life and ability to function during the day and can result in substantial disability. The diagnosis of narcolepsy can be confirmed with a sleep study in a sleep lab and treatment is very effective, allowing patients to lead a normal life.
All of these symptoms may indicate that you suffer from narcolepsy.
Contact our office in Calgary and book a consultation today. You do not need a referral from your family physician.